Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why am I writing this blog?

Summer of 2009 is gone. My parents and my husband are gone too. I fulfilled my first year goal. But now I feel so empty. I have to define a new goal for this year. Today, I was at the library looking for some financial and cookbooks and I just realized what I like to do this year. Yes, I will write my blog on the art of Persian cooking.

My mom cooked few delicious Hamedani soups and saved some in my freezer. My father wrote their recipes in June when we were in Vancouver. I promised them to write the recipes but got overwhelmed with life and totally forgot about it for a while!

So now I will start with my favorite soup, "Sumac Soup".

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your comment on my blog, and am happy to try out the recipes you post - I love Persian food. I have quite an interest in the cuisine of that entire region - in fact I make my own preserved lemons, you've probably already noticed thaton my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly I expect you know of the Persian invasions of Greece. Well during that time the ordinary soldiers were having to cook for themselves and in due course alsorts of recipes were distributed throughtout the middle and near east. I am trying to reproduce an original 'pizza'as cooked by the soldiers. The info I have is that they had dates and panir, possibly an already cooked 'naan' and placed the 'pizza'on a shield placed in a fire with another on top.
    What ideas do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now confused. I've never done a blog before, so I'm not sure who I've addressed my comment too!

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding the Persian invasions of Greece, my instinct says that they also made use of available ingredients they might have gotten/taken from locals. So it is not out of place to assume they would use olive oil and olives as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free counter and web stats